View Single Post
Old
08-21-2013, 03:29 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
You didn't read my post very well. I said:
Right, it sounds like the only distinction you're making between Laperriere/Talbot and Rinaldo is that the former could chip in a few goals and PK.

In reality, the difference was that Laperriere and Talbot were valuable players because of their willingness to sacrifice and their incredible compete levels. Those are traits that Goulbourne possesses at the junior level.

I'm not saying that Goulbourne will be a Talbot or a Laperriere; I'm saying that his upside is a Talbot or a Laperriere. You are the one arguing that he could never in a million years be anything but a Zac Rinaldo player who is thrown on the ice once every ten minutes to generate some energy.

Quote:
Rinaldo doesn't play PK and he has no offensive skill. Rinaldo's junior offensive numbers are pretty similar to Goulbournes. Lappy and Talbot are guys who can net you 20-30 points a year while getting the tough defensive assignments and killing penalties. Rinaldo can't do any of that and it'll be a career year for the guy if he got 20 points. But he hits and occasionally fights, that's it. He brings nothing else to the table.
Again, neither Talbot or Laperriere were valued because they could chip in occasional offense, so citing offensive production at the junior level really means nothing in relation to Goulbourne.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote