Thread: Prospect Info: Flyers actual 2013 draft rankings
View Single Post
Old
08-21-2013, 02:42 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Without matching the offensive ability of Lappy and Talbot, I don't see how you can say his upside equals them.
Well, because Laperriere and Talbot didn't/don't have much offensive ability...

Laperriere had one aberration of a year in 05-06, but otherwise, he was an 18-23 point player. Pretty much anyone can put up around 15 points if they're given enough ice time. If Goulbourne can become a solid defensive player who is willing to put his body on the line, I'm sure he'll get enough ice time to chip in 15 points.

It's not the offensive production that brought/brings value to the Laperrieres and the Talbots of the NHL. Again, it was the character and willingness to sacrifice that made them perfect fourth line players. And by most accounts, Goulbourne has similar character.

Don't misconstrue what I am saying as projecting Goulbourne to be Laperriere-- I'm only saying that his upside can be similar to what he brought much the same way as we throw around the word "upside" and "potential" for players like Hagg and Gostisbehere even though, in all likelihood, they will fall short of that ceiling.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote