View Single Post
Old
08-21-2013, 05:16 PM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_oil View Post
Is Big Mac coming back???? Stauffer just said that the Penguins AHL team just signed another enforcer. He then thought out loud "why would they need 2 enforcers" Then something along the lines of hmmmmmmm.

Now, we all know Stauff knows and loves to hint.

My thoughts, Mac would have to go through Waivers to be sent down and he doesn't spend all year on the big club for Pit. Could Pit be preparing to lose him to waivers? Could the Oilers grab him off waivers? Maybe a trade in the works?
Please no. Not even as a 13-14 forward or AHL call up

I want players that can actually play. We only need Mac every 4-5 games for 2 mins only if someone runs at Hall/nuge etc. The rest of the time he is either a liability on the ice or taking prospect development time.

I think a lethal powerplay is a better deterrient than a goon anyway. A guy like Tootoo who likes fighting and being a pest will have no problem hammering a young player than fighting Mac (probaly enjoys it to). But if he knows that our PP will score once he lashes out hes way less likely to play dirty and hurt his team, and his coach is less likely to play him.

Joesnuu is a good role player and a good fit in the bottom 6. He has enough skill to maybe be a 3rd liner and can play physical and good in his own end. But even if hes a crappy player once the season roles around he can still be a 13th forward goon fighter and play on the PP as the screen.

He also has a great one timer (youtube highlight scouting) on the PP, so another tool we could use.