View Single Post
Old
08-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
How user-friendly is your subway system?

a weird question, i know. i've actually been too New York (pretty much entirely Manhattan) many times but I seem to always either walk places or take a cab (much cheaper than Toronto! ). I might be going in September w/ some people who are extremely budget conscious and am sure they will have no interest in cabbing it anywhere. When I think about your subway, I always envision 20 trains running on the same line and ending up in some borough staring back at Manhattan from across a river.

is the subway easy enough to use (obviously, millions of people use it)??
The subway is very easy to use--we even have a something called a subway map.

The MTA (www.mta.info) has a trip planner that will give you the fastest route
between two addresses. And while there are usually several lines that run together in Manhattan (for example, the B,D and F that run on 6th Ave), they have different starting and end points. Plus, there are discounts for weekly passes ($30 unlimited rides on the subway and buses for 7 days) as well as a 5% discount for buying a Metro Card for at least $5 (and you can refill it).

Bottom line, it's the cheapest/fastest way to get around. Plus, it's open 24/7 unless there is a super major hurricane (or Bloomberg goes completely bonkers).