View Single Post
Old
08-22-2013, 01:14 AM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
The subway is very easy to use--we even have a something called a subway map.

The MTA (www.mta.info) has a trip planner that will give you the fastest route
between two addresses. And while there are usually several lines that run together in Manhattan (for example, the B,D and F that run on 6th Ave), they have different starting and end points. Plus, there are discounts for weekly passes ($30 unlimited rides on the subway and buses for 7 days) as well as a 5% discount for buying a Metro Card for at least $5 (and you can refill it).

Bottom line, it's the cheapest/fastest way to get around. Plus, it's open 24/7 unless there is a super major hurricane (or Bloomberg goes completely bonkers).
yeah, i get that part. i'm probably still traumatized by the school trip i had, many moons ago, where our history teacher was standing on the subway platform reviewing his map and the wind brought in by the subway knocked the map onto the track...and confusion ensued.

i'm sure it will be fine ... i'll figure it out....just to give you a frame of reference, in toronto there's only one train that runs on each track...i.e. you don't have any other options other than the train that pulls into the station you're at.

just a couple of notes, the reason i love cabs in new york is they're so much cheaper than toronto - that it's easy to forgot that subway is even cheaper.

the other NYC bias i have is i love to walk in general and there is no city i love walking around in more than new york. when i was there last month i quite happily walked from the empire state building to the met for my own enjoyment

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote