View Single Post
Old
08-22-2013, 09:43 AM
Lundsanity30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Another big name. You guys like the fantasy league hockey team stuff. What is Vanek going to cost as a free agent? $7M-$8M. He is not playing for free. Is he really worth that money? The Rangers have room to give Vanek $8M when they have Nash on the books for $7.8M and Lundqvist will come in close to $9M? Up until recently you didn't believe the 3 key Ranger group III's would get much more than they are getting right now or may be you still feel that way. This isn't fantasy hockey.
I still don't believe the Hank, Callahan and Girardi will get a significant increase, I dont think Lundqvist gets 9M. Is he the best goalie? sure.. Is he better than Rask by almost 2M?????... I can see Callahan and Girardi getting about 1-1.5M more than they are making now.. This is also not counting the cap going up, or potential players like Miller, Kristo, Lindberg, Mcilrath making an impact, or Kreider actually performing. Things would have to happen, which is why I said if we can keep our core together and "make it work"