View Single Post
Old
08-22-2013, 10:17 AM
JFleegs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
For the Lightning, Killorn, Gudas & Panik all showed signs of being legit NHLers in their time up last year. I expect all of them to take at least a minor jump into relevance, but, I also believe Panik and Gudas could really run away with more/different responsibilities being added and excelled at.

If Panik can find a little beter timing for putting glorious moves together and get symbiotic chemistry with his linemates (I see reason he'd be the more shoot-first option on a line with Fippula and Purcell) I think he could crack 30 goals and have half be Top10 plays of the night type finishes.

If Gudas can development a little more consistency in fundamentals, added to his already outstanding ability to lay the right hits at the right times, then I think he'll get a lot more attentionnationally. Even more so if he's playing Top 4 + lots of PK and playing the physical foil Carle needs to be at his best.

Killorn I don't expect too much more notable growth. But,he's fundamentally sound and will be thrust into bigger roles for his dependability. Those roles could allow him to take a statiscal jump of note.

Longshot surprise jumps that common sense says need more time but could excel enough to force Yzerman's hand...Kucherov, Sustr, and Brown

At this point anybody but Tyrell, Pyatt, Labrie, Lee, Taormina, or Barbeiro would be a fairly surprising cut. Tyler Johnson should be the 2 or 3 center but will probably have ups and downs. Connolly could go either way without much surprise depending on how his camp goes.

Agree with this 100%..I was going to say big surprises would be Kucherov and Sustr, yet I think Yzerman will be patient with both no need to rush either of them with the depth we have.

JFleegs is offline   Reply With Quote