View Single Post
Old
08-22-2013, 11:19 AM
CanaFan

vCash: 500
Interesting to see that most posters indicate they would be satisfied with Horvat more or less repeating his draft season next year. Given that he is expected to move up to the top line and play major offensive minutes with Domi, I have to admit I'd be somewhat disappointed if he 'only' put up 65-75 points (assuming 60 games). From the Horvat-Domi thread I got the sense that most posters think Horvat is capable of being a 50-60pt producer at the NHL level (which I concur with), but I think that expectation would have to be revised down based on a sub-80 point season. I obviously understand the weak correlation between junior scoring and NHL scoring, but it nonetheless exists and, as a fan watching Horvat progress, I don't think I could maintain an optimistic outlook (i.e. a reasonably productive 2C) if he didn't take a fairly large step forward offensively next year.

But that's why I wanted to start this thread, namely to get people's expectations in writing and then revisit next April. Should be interesting.