Old
08-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Cheeky Otter View Post
the don cherry crowd will definitely point at the wings and call them soft for having so many european players on the roster, but that's just the way things go. i know some michiganders that dislike the relatively high number of euros on the wings, but in my opinion it doesn't seem to make the team any worse. they just play different, that's all. i couldn't care less if more kids from michigan played on the team (though i wouldn't mind having torey krug, david legwand, or ryan kesler on the wings).

Michiganders? I think Wings fans loved the Russian Five, and then our Swedish greats like Lids and Z. I generally find Wings fans to be protective of their European players. Try going to any section that's dominated by non-Wings Canadian fans, and you have a hard time getting any non-Canadian Wing the credit he rightfully deserves.

Not to pick on our Canadian friends, love them to pieces, but when it comes to hockey, they still view it as a birthright, very proud and unable at times to give credit to non-Canadians.

Fugu is offline   Reply With Quote