Thread: Confirmed with Link: Douglas Murray signed 1 year deal ($1.5m)
View Single Post
Old
08-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
I agree that the Habs outchanced and outshot the Sens. I do think that the Habs, however, were a mess in their own zone and allowed the Sens too much time and space, and lost too many board battles. The Sens were able to take advantage of this, and score on their opportunities.

As for their tendency to give up, that's where I would argue the physical gongshow took its toll on the Habs' psych (that, and the horrible refereeing in Game 4). And where the ability to push back aids immensely (character, grit, etc.).
I'd like to see a goal by goal video of the GA in that series. There were 20 goals against total and I'm sure 7-8 of those were brutal goals given up by the goalies. Budaj alone gave up 3 weak ones in about 65 minutes of play. A couple were flukey goals(kicked in goal and others).

What played against our psych was Anderson making the big saves early in each game and Price/Budaj giving up a bad goal while the game was still undecided.

People conveniently look the huge impact goaltending had on that series to preach a "we need size" agenda. Most Ottawa goals were off the rush and scored by small players...Pageau Condra Turris Karlsson...not by big power forwards in front of the net.