View Single Post
Old
08-22-2013, 07:22 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Last year's draft was okay, but I think this past year and the 11' draft both look to be fantastic so far. I'm very confident in our revamped scouting team now and their ability to grab quality guys in the mid to late 1st round and later rounds as well. We probably will finish low next season, but if management throws in the towel for the next 2 seasons what kind of message does that send to our players and fans? You are not good enough, we will only win by drafting top 3? If it happens, it happens, but I don't believe that should be the goal of any pro sports team.
Keep in mind we've had some very contentious picks with Feaster and co. Last year we traded our 1st when some big name centres were on the board, and then still drafted Jankow over a lot big names too. This year they made a questionable Porier pick too. These guys also made lost out on some high end prospects with the Iginla, Bouwmeester and Tanguay trade, while showing some serious knee jerk panics with the goalie fiasco last year.

I hope our drafting program has gotten better, but only time will tell. It certainly "feels" better. There's still some reason to believe otherwise.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote