View Single Post
Old
08-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Betamax*
YOU MAD, BRO?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler280 View Post
Why would anyone care about an Ottawa Vs. Vancouver game? There is no rivalry at all, the teams rarely see each other, this was bound to fail from the start.
I think it will be the 99th anniversary of Vancouver Millionaires' Stanley Cup victory over the Ottawa Senators!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1915_Stanley_Cup_Finals

But I could see this event getting a big boost if they have an alumni game and tie it in with this event. I mean if Pavel Bure (who will have his Canucks jersey retired this upcoming season) is one of the participants ... who wouldn't want to see him go head to head against the great Alexandre Daigle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
it is Vancouver and it is the prices--owners tries to sell as many tickets as he can at a high price and then as the date gets closer, the prices come down-- it will be a sell out
I believe this is a league run event (of course the Canucks get their share of the revenue) but if the tickets aren't moving, I could see them discounting and their corporate partners of the event buying up quantities of tickets and either discounting them or having "contests" and giveaways to make sure that the seats are filled.

Last edited by Betamax*: 08-22-2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Ottawa Senators!!!