Thread: Prospect Info: Flyers actual 2013 draft rankings
View Single Post
Old
08-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I know the ideal behind the draft is to draft the best skill player available, but I think Goulbourne is going to be one of those fantastic role players you need in the lineup. He's got great wheels, he plays a physical game and his defensive game is very under rated (he played a very big role on the PK in Kelowna). I'm sure there are going to be players who are going to put up better numbers than Goulbourne, but I think Goulbourne is going to be one of those Daniel Paille/Darrol Powe/Travis Moen type forwards that really excel in their role and do a lot of the dirty work. To be perfectly honest, those guys are under rated because they do a job that is not pretty nor is it highly publicized. You put aside everything that you think you're good at and perform in a role that is for the good of the team. That's a tough role to play and it takes a strong character to play that role. Goulbourne could be a very good role player. I really don't think that's a waste of a draft pick.
I predict Goul never sees the NHL. We'll see who turns out to be right in 5 years.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote