View Single Post
Old
08-23-2013, 01:03 AM
robwangjing

vCash: 500
Stavanger Oilers really has a great team this year, most likely one of, if not the best team ever to play in Norway. I feel very certain that they will win The Double this season.

Would have liked to see Alexander Bonsaksen and Ken Andre Olimb on their team also.

Next year as I have understood they will join the European Trophy and will strengthen their roster even more. Most likely means some better Norwegian players and some more AHL-profiles.

This about KHL is new to me. Maybe if ET goes well they might be up for some serious consideration to join.

Also, don't they have the same structure of Arena as Växjö Lakers? Then they could easily lift the roof and add more seats. Probably 500-1 000 extra or so.

Could add that they expect to reach 3 000 in sold season tickets this season, the current figure was not published but was told to be close to it already. And compared to Swedish teams this is a really good figure. Most classic Swedish teams like Brynäs or AIK reach about 2 000 or so. Just a few clubs has more than 3 000.

They have played four games so far in this pre-season(in which they will only play against foreign opponents). In their first game they lost to Färjestad(SHL) 3-9 and in their second game they won against Olimpija Ljubljana(EBEL) with 6-0, and also won their other two games in the Rudi Huti cup with a total goal-difference with 17-3 against Briancon(Ligue Mangnus) and Jesenice(INL).

Next up for them is Festyv Hockey cup in Switzerland. Their opponents will be tougher, with teams such as Traktor(KHL), Genève-Servette and Lausanne(NLA), München(DEL) and Banska Bystricá(Extraliga).

Last edited by robwangjing: 08-25-2013 at 12:30 AM. Reason: added some more pre-season info
robwangjing is offline   Reply With Quote