View Single Post
Old
08-23-2013, 01:40 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I assume most of this thread will be devoted to pre-NHL players and non-NHL Europeans since they are the hardest to research.

But before I personally try to get into that, are there any NHL-era players who might be included on a top 80 list who aren't listed in posts 3-6 of this thread?
You've got everybody that I have considered.

Quote:
The one I can think of is Guy Carbonneau. If you're like me, you have Frank Nighbor, Bobby Clarke, and Guy Carbonneau as the three best defensive centers of all time in no particular order. Nighbor and Clarke easily make our list based on their two-way play (everyone knows Clarke, but I think there is a good case that Nighbor is the third best player to ever play the game before 1950 after Howie Morenz and Eddie Shore). But what to do about Carbonneau, whose offense isn't anywhere near those guys? I'd like to make room for one of the top 3 defensive centers of all time at least somewhere in my top 80; but have no idea to compare him to more offensively oriented players.
I have a very difficult time placing Carbs, as well. At present, he's struggling to crack my top-80 against guys like Lecavalier, Richards, and Lepine.

Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote