View Single Post
Old
08-23-2013, 02:44 AM
Apocalyptic Mist*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betamax View Post
O6 teams tend to have a larger fanbase outside the home market for the older demographic who had to cheer for a team (other than their own) if they lived outside one of the original six cities or they moved away from those cities (which tend to be among the largest, that's why they were the cities who were awarded the original teams in the first place).
Regardless the heritage classic is for canada and canada only... the bruins/rangers/blackhawks and red wings have all been in a winter classic for a reason, not to mention that goes on every year and there has only been 2 heritage classics since 03. The sens and canucks is a matchup not many people will care about, and quite frankly a humongous blunder by the nhl. No matter how bad the Oilers have been, you going to tell me there wouldnt be more interest in a Canucks/ Oilers game? there are pleanty of fans from the opposite fanbase living in the in their respective cities. They always invade each others barns and i guarantee it wouldnt have trouble selling. Bad draw for the canucks = people not really willing to justify paying 90 bucks for seats. I can see the game selling out in about 3 months time though.