View Single Post
Old
08-23-2013, 08:23 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
That is why I brought up that it was the same case for a plethora of other players. Granted, each with a small sample size.

But it is hardly a coincidence that he improved the possession and team GF for just about every player he played with. However, in many cases team GA also went up. Not in the case of McDonagh though where both players were better together than apart in all aspects.
Gotcha. Interesting. I appreciate you presenting a balanced argument. Would seem to lead credence to the idea that McD is good enough defensively to cover up for playing with a more offensive partner. Again still a small sample size but worth a look. Is this adjusted at all based on the quality of competition they were seeing? I can't remember them ever being paired together except for odd times resulting from a partial line change or a Girardi/Staal/DZ penalty. McD-G obviously logged the most minutes against top opposition. So I would expect that they on average would possess the puck less and create less 5 on 5 focused on d vs an odd time when McD/Stralman were paired together with (I assume) the specific goal of pushing the pace.