View Single Post
Old
08-23-2013, 10:26 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Burn in is almost an urban myth with Plasma. Before I purchased my plasma I did a lot of reading on it, it's possible with the very early plasmas but you would really have to work at it to make it happen (keep CNN ticker on for like 6 months without turning your TV off) . The TV's of the last decade have better phosphors and anti-retention technology built in that moves pixels around undetected to the naked eye.

Plasma is awesome, don't worry.
This!

I have a great LG 47" LED TV. Awesome quality, but not even close to our old plasma TV that my mom still has.

It's an old Panasonic plasma 50" 720p (yes 720p), it's like 6-7 years old. I don't remember the model # , but we took the top-line product but in 720p version. Everyone who sees this TV still think even today that it has the best image they're ever seen in person. The colors, the saturation, the blacks and respond rate is off the charts. I calibrated the TV with a home-theatre DVD calibration disc. Truth is, it's awesome, and we watched lots of hockey, movies and TV and there's never been the slightest sign of burn in.

If I had the choice, I would definately take a plasma TV, hands down.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote