View Single Post
Old
08-23-2013, 11:16 AM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
im a big anton fan.

strals is a terrific 2 way defender who skates pretty well and has offensive upside. hes a bargain right now and at 27, hes playing for his next payday. i expect a big season from anton this year.

and i still say hes the guy i want on pp point. he just needs to be told to shoot the puck more. anton got some quality pp point time when he was with columbus few years back and had some decent numbers there. and arneil was on that staff back then as well. i expect av to give him a long looksee there.

bottom line, strals skates better and make better decisions with the pill on his stick than does the fumbling del zotto. and defensively hes less risk and more steady.

were mcilrath ready to play 3rd pair minutes this season, its mike del zotto thats packin his bags and stralman thats staying put imo.

Of course you do. Ignore the fact that MDZ has accomplished more by 22 years old than Stralman has in his career.

Look, this board is getting a tad ridiculous this late in the offseason. This is reality:

-Anton Stralman is a good player for the 3rd pair.

-He is NOT our # 4. He is NOT on our 2nd pairing. This is not an opinion. This is a fact backed up by EVERY stat.

-Before you want to move players out to preserve a spot for Stralman, let's see him succeed in an NHL role under a non-Torts system (something he's never yet done). Anton Stralman looked like a good player playing ridiculously sheltered minutes in a simplified, safe system. In every other system he has been in, he has been exposed and cast off. Even in this system, Torts himself said he didn't want Stralman getting too many minutes, since he couldn't really handle that role.

This board loves to demonize some players and deify others. Newsflash--you are picking the wrong guy to deify. Good bottom pair guy, but that's it.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote