Old
08-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by smetana View Post
It's certainly worked for you. But there are other viable team-building philosophies as well. That's something I like about HA. There's no "insta-championship" team build. It can be done many different ways, but it has to be done right.
True, I didn't intend to imply that it was impossible to win without one. I haven't been around the game long enough to make claims like that one. I defer to you guys on that front for sure. I just have a few different lines on my team. The traditional offensive line that attempts to "out AI" other top lines with a 400+ center and a 360+ winger, both built traditionally, and a speed winger that serves as my "1A" line and my "1B" line with considerably lower AI (300-340-300) high checking profile dominates at a higher rate for me. The 1A line blows apart weaker teams, but the 1B line is more likely to yield for me in close games. I don't know what kind of meaningful conclusions to draw from that, but it's interesting to note for sure. I just wanted to offer my build advice for any beginners that might be reading the way all you guys did for me.

As a rule, my defenders all reach the 25-30 SC range and ideally have 80+ strength by the time they're 250 AI. I build most of my defensemen in the pure category and try to have a few PP defenders on the roster either on my low 3rd line or my relatively inactive 4th line with spot duty.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote