Broker: Vancouver Heritage Classic tickets not selling well
View Single Post
08-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Courtenay, BC
Originally Posted by
1. a CFL stadium built in the 80s that no one is really nostalgic for unlike Wrigley, Fenway, Yankee Stadium etc,
2. indoors with terrible sight lines.
3. a 20 year old expansion team from Ottawa that doesn't exactly have a large following in the East and has virtually no brand equity in Western Canada
4. massively inflated ticket prices
5. 6 other outdoor NHL games for the first time in the same season
6. recycled special event uniforms from the previous season
7. Canucks franchise having difficulty legitimately selling out in the regular season and playoffs because of price gouging.
This event could really not be marketed any worse.
Valid points except #7. The Canucks have sold out every game for the past 10 some-odd years.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Thricecube