View Single Post
Old
08-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Lavi is a good coach and his system when totally bought into is fun to play as a player and fun to watch as a fan..particularly in the regular season. However, his recent history since the cup victory and cup appearance..the latter which happened by the skin of his teeth and thanks to Montreal has not exactly been steller. He got totally schooled by Boston the year they won the cup and schooled by the Devils after barely getting through Buffalo which he almost botched as well with his goaltending decisions. Moreover, his teams have still not done too well against tight checking teams in the regular season or playoffs in general. Finally, there is a reason he is known as a short shelf life coach..ask Brind'amour who basically ran him out of Carolina despite the Cup accomplishment they shared together....
I agree with everything you said. I don't think he's perfect, but I think he's better than a lot out there.

However, I counter with this, you said he got schooled by Boston (who won the cup) and by NJ (who went to the cup, 2 games away from winning and might have won if LA wasn't such a buzz-saw). Those teams were the best. Its not like he lost against the Islanders first time in the POs while the Flyers were the #1 seed. The Bruins & Devils those years were machines.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote