View Single Post
Old
08-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
As an outsider I don't understand what went wrong in Vancouver for Luongo. Why is he unhappy? Does he feel like the playoff failures of a strong regular season team the past several years are being blamed on him? The guy always appears to be down about still being a Canuck.
There is a lot of pressure there, and that can get to a player.

From an outside observer, I just think they overrated their team alot. The Sedins are very strong, and due to having them they got so much else for free. During the regular season, their Ds could play good hockey and some other forwards stood out.

But I have just always been puzzled about like talk of Van having the top blueline in the league, guys like Salo, Bieksa and co are good but they hardly lead the best blueline in this league.

When it mattered, they had extreme expectations and and just not all that much to put on the table. Hence you get scapegoats, and Luongo has been one of them.

In the end, it can't be easy to be on a team that always does a little better than what they should but instead of getting praised is killed in the press.