View Single Post
Old
08-23-2013, 01:11 PM
The Gnome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I really believe no one has an accurate read on Granlund's play. I just go by what I see, in the WJC's he impressed the hell out of me. He was always a threat, deadly shot, created offence on his own, and in no way did he look like a liability in his own end. His biggest flaws are his size and skating. Other than that, I've mostly seen highlights of him which obviously usually make a player look good.

Management seems to be pretty high on the kid, and he's definitely one of our most skilled prospects we have. He played on a weak team last year, and to me it seems as though every time he gets paired with higher skilled guys, he elevates his game which will be the case over here.

Again, I'm not expecting him to make the Flames this year, but it wouldn't completely surprise me if he did going by managements comments on him.
Yup, both feaster and conroy have stated that the player they are most excited to see in training camp is granlund. Both also said he has a shot at the team this year, if his stellar showing so far carries into training camp. This was from big show interviews on the fan. Granlund was a beast at the prospects camp, and management is very high on him.

I don't know where most on this board are getting their info from.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote