View Single Post
Old
08-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Betamax*
YOU MAD, BRO?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I see giving younger players a chance as giving Kassian a more prominent role and really utilizing Schroeder. The first AHL call-ups will also likely be Jensen and Corrado, maybe Archibald. So that is giving the younger players a good shot.

Richardson and Santorelli are experienced NHLers. The net advantage may actually be even with raw rookies like Gaunce and Horvat. This year.

Horvat and Gaunce are likely to get better over time even at the lower levels. I guess I'm saying that I do not see sending either player back to the CHL as "hurting" them, while I do see potential for their development to be hurt if they are kept to depth roles on a still strong team.
The difference we have here is that there is a prime 3rd line centre spot open for the taking on this "strong" team. There's no established two-eyed Manny Malhotra entrenched in the role. It's up for grabs.

To be honest, I barely knew Richardson and Santorelli were even players in the NHL before they got signed by the Canucks. Schroeder is another candidate to fill that role but his size and skill set doesn't make him an "ideal" fit.

We've seen players of Hovart and Gaunce (to a lesser extent) skill set of size and defensive awareness have impact and be productive as 18 year olds i.e. Bergeron, O'Reilly, and Couturier to name three.