View Single Post
Old
08-23-2013, 05:35 PM
PigPen

vCash: 500
I've been a huge zetterberg fan since he broke into the league and always will be. I think he'll be a future HOFer (or at the very least have his jersey retired as the 1st/2nd most important piece of their 2008 and 2009 cup runs.)

However, gilmour at the same age was just a cut above. I started watching hockey religiously in 90-91 and fedorov was my favorite player from his rookie season until he left the wings, but gilmour was number 2 for me, which i couldnt really say to my school friends or teammates as the leafs/wings rivalry became huge in the early 90's.
Gilmour was always someone that caught my eye. He could disrupt an opposing team's offensive rush singlehandedly, somehow sneak out of the corners with the puck 9/10 of the time despite being smallish, and he'd rag the puck in the offensive zone as good as anyone before dishing off a beauty of a pass to somebody for a goal.
He was one of the most complete players I've ever seen. I think a more fair comparison would be fedorov (not prime/peak, but just when he decided to actually give 100%) or forsberg.

PigPen is offline   Reply With Quote