View Single Post
Old
08-23-2013, 08:32 PM
TheTechNoir

vCash: 50
I'm so disappointed. The last time (only time) I met Giroux was at a party just after Gatineau swept the Mooseheads in rd 3 of the playoffs. I have been a life long Flyers fan, and during that series, Giroux became my favourite player... despite the fact that he was almost single handedly destroying one of the best or best Mooseheads' clubs in history. Then when he got drafted to Philly it was the best thing ever, and the rest is history obviously, what has happened with him in his time with Philly thus far. So definitely still my favourite player by far, etc.

Anyway... So, I live in Calgary these days and I've made good friends with an older fella who owns a successful sports memorbilia company. He has exclusive contracts with some NHLers/HoFers and other things. He will be spending time at the Sheraton they're staying at with the players and doing some business. He invited me and I got the green light to spend one of the days out there with him, which I was majorly excited about, for meeting Giroux. As soon as I heard of the injury I was really disappointed... Now that it's confirmed he won't be attending, it really sucks.

I'll still go, and I guess it'll be pretty cool, but still... Definitely not the same.

EDIT: At least I should get an opportunity to say hello at the Flyers' Wives Charity Festival though this year.

TheTechNoir is offline   Reply With Quote