View Single Post
Old
08-24-2013, 01:33 AM
aufheben
Jung at heart

vCash: 50
"a hole that isn't really there"? O-K. Maybe I wasn't specific enough, but I meant acquiring a clear 1st/2nd line LW who can score. Just because players are slotted in a certain position doesn't mean they are of that caliber. Hagelin, Callahan, and Zuccarello, much as I think they kick ass in their roles, are not 1st line talent. They're middle-six, not top-six. Can Kreider fill that need? Potentially. Same thing was thought prior to last season, and what happened?

Acquiring a legit winger, without subtracting from our forward group, not only adds goals, but it bumps everyone down into their proper spot, where they would most likely excel, (i.e. The Jeff Carter acquisition for the Kings.). I'm not saying we should or shouldn't trade MDZ, simply that he is our best trade bait for a forward. He's good enough now to have some value, and has a lot of potential, which is valuable, especially for a defensemen. Give to get. Allowing us to keep Stralman would be a bonus, not the intention; (Perhaps not quite "bonus", as it would obviously be a factor if Del Zotto was to be shopped, just not the key).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Stralman turned 27 on August 1st.
But he's one-twentieth of a century older than Del Zotto!

Last edited by aufheben: 08-24-2013 at 02:04 AM.
aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote