View Single Post
Old
08-24-2013, 02:27 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
do you think he has top 6 upside? granted my 'watching' of him has been limited to OHL, a couple of int'l events (that you can catch in Canada) and him last year with the Rangers...but I was figuring he probably did. Then my more knowledgeable NYR-fan friend told me that you projected him as a 3rd line guy at best.
That's the worst case scenario. He was undoubtedly a "safe pick" when we took him 15th overall in 2011, it's almost out of the question that he will make the NHL in some kind of role. He has more upside than a 3rd liner, although I think 1st liner is a stretch. He plays like a more aggressive Tyler Bozak. Good defensively, does a lot of little things that people don't notice, and has talent, but based on points should be a second liner. In my opinion, his points ceiling in the NHL is around 40-50, maybe 60, but it's (like Tyler Bozak, among others) other things he does, like his defensive play, and his physicality (he's also got quite an attitude, the good kind) make him the kind of top 6 player every team wants.