Old
08-24-2013, 10:28 AM
EspenK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Copied the wrong definition!

What I meant to copy.

"1. For purposes of this Article, a "year" of exemption shall mean a playing season.
2. For purposes of this Article, "age 18" means a Player reaching his eighteenth birthday between January 1 next preceding the Entry Draft and September 15 next following the Entry Draft, both dates included; "age 19" means a Player reaching his nineteenth birthday in the calendar year of the Entry Draft; "age 20" means a Player reaching his twentieth birthday in the calendar year of the Entry Draft; and "age 21" means a Player reaching his twenty-first birthday in the calendar year of the Entry Draft."

So "Years from Signing NHL" is a hell of a misnomer.

So Savard qualifies, on account of having 4 playing seasons.
I think where we are differing is that I think once age is established-during draft year-it doesn't change and you seem to be letting it change based upon other events.

As I read this mumbo jumbo I think Savard has only played 2 years since his first NHL season was 2011-2012 (31 games),2012-13 was 2 and this coming year is 3.

Look at this excerpt

For purposes of Regular Waivers, the five (5) year exemption for an 18 year old
skater and the four (4) year exemption for a 19 year old skater shall both be reduced to three (3)
years commencing the first season that the 18 or 19 year old skater plays in eleven (11) NHL
Games or more. The next two (2) seasons, regardless of whether the skater plays any NHL
Games in either season, shall count as the second and third years toward satisfying the exemption

Maybe DSL is right- we should let someone else tell us

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote