View Single Post
08-25-2013, 02:56 AM
Bouma Fett*
Booty Hunter
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Played some goalie recently. We won 5-4. My team giving me ****. "Why can't you stop anything" Etc... meanwhile I'm usually facing a 3-1 or a 2 on 0 (The 2-0's aren't that hard to save but sometimes I really need to get innovative...) because the defensemen either A) Don't feel the need to get back, NHL13 esque style or B) The one guy holds onto it for too long and gets it swiped from his stick... Mind you I only let up 1 every period except the 2nd. But the fact that they basically play run and gun and don't backcheck/defend a whole lot grinds me the wrong way.
I lucked out when I used to play goalie. I only played it because my friends all hated playing goal, so they all told me they didn't give a damn if my save percentage was 50% or 100% lol, they were just having fun. And I turned out to be a decent goalie to boot. Not great, but I usually stop around 90% of the shots I faced.

The one time someone started giving me **** for my goaltending in a drop in game, I threw my goalie stick at him and skated away lol.