View Single Post
Old
08-25-2013, 11:49 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagged View Post
This would be the right way to go with Rajala. Then follow his development also in international games and every now and then invite him to prospect camps / development camps to see where he's at. And if he becomes a top 6 player for team Finland on international level, he could be signed to one way deal quite safely. But the possibility for him to really pan out is quite slim, so if you are tight in contracts, you should pass. But the potential is there but somewhere deep. He's actually the one who took U18-WJC goal scoring record away from Ovechkin with 10 goals + 9 assists, 19 points in 6 games played. He showed that he can score if he has a playmaking center capable of quick passing (Minnesota's Granlund at that tournament).

On another note, according to some finnish reports Artturi Lehkonen got hit by two nasty looking hits yesterday against a KHL team in an European Trophy game. But good news is he continued play and despite being quite invisible had two scoring chances in the end, but this time it didn't go in.
I agree that signing Rajala to gain his rights, would be the way to go. The Habs aren't in a position to spare a contract, with 49 out of 50 already filled. Barring a trade that isn't in the winds as far as I know. Having so many smaller prospects in the system is worrisome and anytime the thought of trades comes to mind, so does PWF's to afford protection for them.

To that point on the Trade Thread, I've suggested Tom Wilson from Washington, another PWF that comes to mind is Zach Budish from Nashville. They are both RW's with huge promise to become the next big PWF, but the price tags on players of their ilk is Huge also.

The best way is through wise drafting and patience in developing these prospects, and Bergevin has shown the resolve as GM to acquire some very promising ones. Another player that has my interest is Defenceman Dylan McIlrath, a great upcoming defensive defenceman to complement Tinordi on our blueline. Here again the price would be high, Glen Sather hasn't been a GM that ever gets fleeced, so drafting is the only alternative I see for the Habs.

Until Timmins can be afforded the luxury of having two or three 1st round picks, like Buffalo, Calgary or Columbus last year. It appears possible the Habs may be in a position to acquire that type of drafting power this season with all of the UFA's they will have at the trade deadline this year. Well I can dream there is no doubt about that and like every season there are some really good PWF's and big Dmen available again.

These players are what the Habs need to bring them over the Top, I just hope when the Habs draft this year at least one of the needs get filled with an elite choice. Aaron Ekblad or Nick Ritchie and possibly Nick Ehlers the soon to be superstar from Halifax Mooseheads, last season it was Samuel Morin but he didn't remain a secret for long.

How I wish the Habs trade for some 1st round picks and load up for the near future's Dynasty, Go Bergevin Go! I know patience damn.