Thread: Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks sign Teuvo Teravainen
View Single Post
Old
08-25-2013, 01:50 PM
bookjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagged View Post
And there's also a reality check to be made: A lot of the best finnish players didn't crack FEL rosters until their 20's. Mikko Koivu did, but he had 30 points in FEL as a 21 year old, 20 points as a 20 year old and 7 point as a 19 year old and 1 point in his draft year (being half a year older than Teravainen).

As far as European Trophy goes, there are some teams that have 10 times the payroll of Jokerit. It's quite ok for an 18 year old to look invisible when playing his 3rd game as a center.

If Teravainen is able to switch to center and get similar production during the season as the last one, I think he shows promise enough.
THIS.

To the extent that I am in N.A. and therefore disadvantaged in seeing entire Jokerit games I still followed and tracked his play/development like a hawk and when possible watched any games I could all last year and this one. And on the forum I post at with some prospects updating even I wouldn't bother posting what would be essentially micro-analysis of his play and development on a game-by-game by others. . .or for any other prospect for that matter. Hockey seasons are long and sometimes periodic news about a prospect's play will not be positive and other times it will be.

Eh, I am of the opinion that if Jokerit wants to really see if he can become an effective Center in a men's Pro league environment (as opposed to International Jrs. play) then they simply have to give it time to succeed or fail on its own merits. If they simply lather, rinse, and repeat the beginning of last season where they experimented and tried for the first 7 or so games before moving him back to wing then that's their coaching prerogative but then I don't see the point of doing it again for a season that is 60 games long.

Last edited by bookjones: 08-25-2013 at 01:59 PM.