08-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
More update:

I called them to straighten out my account and was told they would call me back in a half hour (about 45 minutes ago...still no call back). While on the phone, I asked the woman about the X1 box and why they offered it to me if it doesn't work in my area, and she assured me it did and that the tech was just misinformed. Either way, I don't have one and I am 100% expecting to get charged for it on my first bill because they are incompetent ****ing *******s. Hopefully they actually call me back (last time they said they were going to do that, they never did and I called back the next day and was accused of being rude the day before and abruptly ending the phone call without resolving the issue).
2 or 3 years ago Richmond got nailed by its annual tropical storm/hurricane. Comcast lost cable and internet in the area for 2 ****ing weeks. My mother had switched to exclusively online payments for bills, and they were all due. She spent an hour on hold, waiting, wanting only to hear an estimate on when they expected repairs to be completed. Finally, she gets a rep...who promptly hangs up on her. I got the call at 10am, right as the Verizon store was opening, asking for what smart phone she needed to get. Her math had shown the cost of late fees on the bills would have been equal to something like 3 month of a data plan, so she decided to end her long embargo on smart phones.

The cherry on top was when she got the monthly bill and they had not only charged her the full amount for that month (after hanging up on her and missing weeks of service), they charged a reconnection fee for fixing the cable and internet. My sister tells me this launched a multi-day blood feud on the phone and in stores which was hilarious to behold, and which resulted in them getting more sports channels for free in the end; likely to make my mom go away.

So, if you're enough of an ******* (like my mom and girlfriend were), eventually Comcast will bribe you to stop calling them.