View Single Post
Old
08-26-2013, 09:05 AM
stalockrox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Pessimistic would be plugging him in with Wishart and Petrecki (skip Doherty). I am actually more optimistic than that. More pessimistic than the most optimistic projections here however. Comparing to Carle and Ehrhoff would be my version of optimistic. I figure he is more along Braun/Vlasic lines and that it will take him far longer to reach the show than Vlasic.

I am far more cautiously optimistic for O'Regan, Tierney and Kuraly (skip Nieto and Hertl). That means that I am thinking that they are finally turning it around on forwards.
Vlasic is a top pairing d-man and Braun seems to be a legit top 4 d-man, neither of them should be considered 3rd pairing (which is what you said your expectations of Mueller are).

I have very little doubt it will take Mueller longer to develop and reach the NHL then Vlasic but that shouldn't be looked at as a negative. What Vlasic did was rare and is something I consider an anomaly, especially within the Sharks org, and not the 'norm'.

If Mueller becomes long term a two way (25pts) top 4 NHL d-man that pick should be considered a "hit". Anything more and it should be considered a home run.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote