View Single Post
Old
08-26-2013, 04:06 PM
GRECOHAB

vCash: 500
If we want to take a realistic approach to the potential of our defenders then i think that we have:
1st pairing D: Subban
2nd pairing D: Markov,Emelin,Gorges
3rd pairing D: Diaz,Murray,Tinordi,Beaulieu
7th-8th D: Bouillion,Drewiske,Pateryn
Prospects: Nygren, Dietz, Ellis
As we can see a lot of 2nd and 3rd pairing players, but no one capable of playing top minutes with Subban. Of course they can be players like Markov and Gorges that can be used at the 1st line but i think that this isn't the solution we need.

I like the Markov-Emelin tandem as the 2nd unit, and i think while Emelin is out we can use Tinordi who will thrive, no doubt under Markov's mentoring. This means that Gorges either gets promoted to the 1st pairing unit, or relegates to the 3rd, which is quite unlikely for the money he makes.

I also like a Diaz-Murray tandem at the 3rd pairing unit, not only because they seem to pair well on paper (puck mover-stay at home) but also because they keep both Bouillion and Drewiske at the 7th,8th D role. The rest of the prospects should try to gather experience and make the Hamilton team harder to play against.

My personal feeling is that we need that top minute guy to play with Subban and the only way to do it is via trade. We are in a situation that we can package two defenders or a defender and a forward or prospect, in order to land a player of that calibre. Available to me are Gorges, Diaz, Beaulieu,Bouillion,Drewiske (D) and Moen, Desharnais, White, Bourque, Leblanc (F). My personal suggestions depending availability and teams needs, are:

Yandle (PHX) for Bourque+Moen+Beaulieu+2nd round pick
Pitkanen (CAR) for Diaz+Bouillion+Moen
Burns (SJS) for Bourque+Diaz+Beaulieu
Ericsson (DET) for Diaz+Drewiske+Leblanc
Byfuglien (WPG) for Desharnais+Diaz+Leblanc

GRECOHAB is offline   Reply With Quote