Thread: Value of: Trading the Sedin Twins
View Single Post
Old
08-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Iginla is a fair comparison, IMO. But, even he did not return a "blue chip prospect.' Neither did Kovulchuk. I think maybe the Forsberg to Nashville deal might have been closest to that outcome.

But, for the most part, I find your take to be quite sensible.
I believe that is the first time a fan of another team has said that about me.

Kovalchuk (+Salmela and a 2nd) returned a lot of smaller pieces, Oduya, Bergfors, Cormier and a 1st.

Dupuis and Hossa went for Armstrong, Christensen, a first, and Esposito, so ditto.

Small, yet promising pieces.

Because of the age difference, I hold no delusions about their value, but Iginla I feel is absolutely apt. The decline, or alleged decline, doesn't show yet for the Sedins, as it did with Iggy.

Forsberg might be a little lofty for a comparisons for one Sedin. He got Upshall, Parent and a 1st (traded back to Nashville for Hartnell and Timonen) and 3rd. Upshall still had a lot of untapped potential, Parent was a very highly thought of prospect, and two picks. If we could find a team that could double up that value...well sure, let's do it! Different player, different time, different team though. If we could get either offer (Upshall, Parent, 1st and a 3rd or Upshall, Parent, Hartnell, Timonen and a 3rd) as the comparison...that'd be awesome, even at retained salary.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote