Thread: Center problem
View Single Post
Old
08-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Master Lok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I agree with a lot of what you have to say here, but why not go out and get a guy that maybe is good enough to be a 3rd liner, but you instead play him as a 4th liner giving yourself good depth at one of the most important positions? Then if Lander or whoever steps up then you run into that great problem that teams like LA and Boston have, which is great center depth.
Fair enough - but who's available as veteran 3rd line centre?

David Steckel? Halpern? Malholtra?

Steckel - I've heard very negative things about from toronto - nil hockey sense, doubtful offense, faceoffs are the only good thing.

Halpern - is getting old - 3 pts in 46 games last year. that's not exactly a fourth line threat there.

Malholtra - Can he even play? The Canucks indicated that his health would be in jeopardy because he can't see out of one eye.

Who are the better options? I don't see a lot of great options. Grabovski was never going to come here to play 3/4th line.

Chris Vandevelde?

I'm fine with giving these guys a chance and seeing if they can swim. Lander? Arcobello and Miller are older prospects, having played in college. that's not a bad thing.

And keep an eye out for waivers.

Last edited by Master Lok: 08-26-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote