View Single Post
Old
08-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Billwinkle

vCash: 500
Hi My name is Bill and I too have collected cards since I was a kid as a matter of fact so did all my older brothers. I have cards from 1930's forward most of which were obtained by my family. I made the mistake of selling 5 cards once and I regret it to this day. They were all doubles but the money is fleeting and an I could have used those cards to trade for item I need for my collection. I also have a pretty large collection that includes almost anything collectible regarding hockey except for sweaters and equipment. I live in an apartment so space is limited. I am 55 Years old and been married for 36 years so my wife has supported my "obsession" as she calls it for most of my life. We also do the antique trips as she collects Marilyn Monroe items. I am still trying to complete some of my sets and I am tackling the monster of all Collections.... St Lawrence Starch (beehives) of which I have just over 700 of the 1023 known to exist. None of the super rare ones yet but I am still looking. I guess my rarest would be my Howie Morenz group 1. So if anyone out there is looking to trade I am always looking for new or unique items, as well completing my sets. My collection ranges from some cigarette cards to Colgate Heads to Shirriff/salada cooins to Beehives. I have parkhurst Topps an OPC in the earliest of years for each set. Lets talk about collecting or possibly trades. I will never ever sell a collectible again I learned my lesson.

Billwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote