View Single Post
Old
08-27-2013, 08:42 AM
CharlieGirl
Thanks Freshie

vCash: 500
Turns out, I wasn't able to make it. I was following along with Josh Brown and Mike Farwell on twitter and I like what I saw for the most part.

a) They're doing a tryout of beer in the seats this year. Sounds like the city is pushing for it; the Rangers are more reticent. I don't have a problem with someone having a beer in the seats; my concern is more that there is barely enough leg and arm room now, and there is a high chance of spillage onto the person in front.

b) Kitchener Rangers sold more gear last year than any other year in franchise history - $470,000 in jerseys and related items. (per Josh Brown).

c) Kitchener Rangers turn profit for 18th consecutive season. Cleared $22,165 in 2012-13, made $551,625 in 2011-12.Kitchener Rangers turn profit for 18th consecutive season. Cleared $22,165 in 2012-13, made $551,625 in 2011-12.

d) Head coach Troy Smith promises an #OHLRangers team that will be "competitive, aggressive and, most importantly, hard-working." (per Farwell). LOVE THIS!

No bold proclamations from Smith in his first address. "The only promise I'm going to make you is that our team will be well-prepared, given everything they need to be successful, and develop into quality hockey players on the ice and in the community."

e) #OHLRangers goalie coach Piero Greco moves on to join Steve Spott with the Toronto Marlies. Kain Tisi the new goalie guru in Kitchener.

Last edited by CharlieGirl: 08-27-2013 at 09:02 AM.