View Single Post
Old
08-27-2013, 09:16 AM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I can only speak for myself, but I don't think the nationality thing is strong with club competition in hockey, even if a league vs league comparison could trigger some conversation. I'm basically interested in a few players who might end up on the national teams, but Frölunda as a team?

And yeah, the media coverage just isn't there. The tournament website would be hard to find if it wasn't for this thread. The idea is great but has some ways to go still.
A lot of Canadian (and some American) fans take a large amount of pride in the perceived strength of the CHL leagues and while it's not outright nationalism it certainly takes on that level of emotion when challenged. It might be a minority when compared to the people who come out during national team competition but they've always been a vocal bunch so the silence does surprise me to a degree.

I'd say that the strength of junior leagues in various nations could reflect on the level of hockey development in those nations in some people's eyes. It's debatable whether or not that's true and it's even more debatable whether or not wins and losses in a tournament like this could help answer the question. There's plenty of discussion that could arise out of those debates though so it'd be nice if more people knew about the tournament or could watch the games.

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote