Thread: Center problem
View Single Post
Old
08-27-2013, 11:39 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
Fair enough - but who's available as veteran 3rd line centre?

David Steckel? Halpern? Malholtra?

Steckel - I've heard very negative things about from toronto - nil hockey sense, doubtful offense, faceoffs are the only good thing.

Halpern - is getting old - 3 pts in 46 games last year. that's not exactly a fourth line threat there.

Malholtra - Can he even play? The Canucks indicated that his health would be in jeopardy because he can't see out of one eye.

Who are the better options? I don't see a lot of great options. Grabovski was never going to come here to play 3/4th line.

Chris Vandevelde?

I'm fine with giving these guys a chance and seeing if they can swim. Lander? Arcobello and Miller are older prospects, having played in college. that's not a bad thing.

And keep an eye out for waivers.
The problem is this issue has been around for years, it should've been a target at the draft(via trade) or the first week of July.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Who was Boston's fourth line centre? L.A's? I ask because I honestly couldn't tell you.

And no, depth doesn't hurt, but you still have to work within the cap, not to mention there's only so much ice time to go around. Do you see a lot of proven NHLers willing to take a proper fourth line role (meaning seven or eight minutes a night) on the off chance they can move up the depth chart in the event of an injury?
It's not about 4th line center, Boston had Krecji, Marchand, Bergeron, Kelly, Seguin, Peverely, Paile and Campbell as guys that are or were centers.

LA has Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Lewis, Stoll, Nolan, Fraser, Richardson.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote