View Single Post
Old
08-27-2013, 02:55 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Oy, you couldve saved yourself a lot of time and typing if you hadn't been so ignorant yourself and ran with this notion that I think the entire team is a bunch of pansies. I've said from the beginning I think it was just a handful of players that whined about mistreatment. If you ask me for a list of players who I think would perpetuate this cowardly act, Richards and Kreider would be near the top but Im just speculating.

Nobody knows if they attacked these issues head on with the coach during the season - the type of heroic stuff you mentioned in your non-sequitur story about your boss. The bottom line, for me, is it sure looks like we have a team here who refused to enact a system that worked for them in '11-12 because, well, I dont know what their reasons are which is part of the problem, but it sure looks like it stems from them thinking they're better than they actually are -- thinking that loosening the reigns will let them have fun and be a more successful hockey team. Check back with me in April, because the team will have a chance to back it up. But, right now, the reasoning looks like a crock of ****.
I think it's a little over the top to think that Kreider a rookie is making a lot of noise in the locker room. Perhaps but I have doubts. As for Richards showing up out of shape last year is ****ed up. He should at the very least be stripped of his letter. No excuses for him. If it were me he would have been bought the **** out. He should be ashamed for coming into the season not ready.

Torts did a great job in 11-12. That team lost a lot of depth starting off last year. Even so this is a dead subject. Torts constantly clashing with the media for me is a sign that he was having problems. He got cut loose. I don't think the step back last year was all on him though--I think the team we started last season with was a step back to begin with and that had a lot more to do with the GM. As far as I'm concerned both Sather and Torts would dump all the blame over each other. One simply had more power than the other. Now that we have AV--we'll see how that works out. At least we don't seem to have the same depth problems as we experienced last year. The one area where I think some people are a bit off is in when some think this means a lot more offense.