View Single Post
Old
08-27-2013, 03:48 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
For what it's worth, I think that Bergevin is done tinkering and that unless there's an injury, Drewiske will be placed on waivers when Emelin is ready to come back in November/December.

Having said that, I also thought that he was done tinkering and he signed Murray. So who knows?

Personally, I'd still like to see a bigger top 9 forward being added to this crew.
There are so many variables it is hard to say how things will go.

I agree with most of what you say but I have the feeling that when Emelin is ready, Diaz could be the odd man out, not because Drewiske is better but because Diaz is better. There actually might be a market for him, he will be a free agent at the end of the season and he is already in a higher salary bracket than Drewiske. Of course a lot will depend on how the defensive prospects in Hamilton are developing and by Christmas time Bergevin should have a good read on that situation. He could be dealing from a position of strength.

A bigger top 9 forward is also on my wish list... particularly if he is aright winger who can put a few points ont the board.

HCH is online now   Reply With Quote