View Single Post
Old
08-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Deer Rebel View Post
Such types also used to attack Ricky Ray when he was here. Yet Ray has enjoyed nothing but success since leaving here, marching his team up and down the field, winning a championship, and putting on a passing clinic week after week.

Yet, when he was here, he was ripped for being unable to move the team, and for his lack of mobility - which were deemed to be fatal flaws in his game making him unfit for the CFL.

Having said this, I like Mike Reilly as a replacement for Ray. But beyond Stamps and Chambers (developing kid), I don't see much out there in terms of weapons for him to use.
Ray was being ripped here when he wasn't putting pts on the board, wasn't getting the ball in the endzone and had been running a painfully conservative offense for years. One year he threw for 11 TD's in a complete season. Its unfathomable to thing how bad that is.
I wouldn't be critiquing his play if he was throwing multiple TD strikes every game and if he was playing with extreme verve and trying to carry the club.

Given what Reilly has done the last 4 games its kind of hard to see where the criticism is coming from.

I'll point out as well the two times he turned the ball over were deep in the Rider zone, or endzone. Without a complete and utter collapse by the D neither turnover ends up costing us pts. against