View Single Post
Old
08-27-2013, 11:50 PM
SDig14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
No slight to Hall, but how homer-colored are these glasses your'e reading through to be calling Carter a joke?

Hall doesn't even play PK on a bottom-5 NHL team. Carter was PKing for a contender. He's scored 40+ goals in the league before. He was on pace for 45 last year itself.

He's scored big goals in big playoff games his whole career. He's a big body, he can skate, he can score, and he can play a 2-way game.

Doesn't seem like a big mistake to me. You need your role players on this team.

The only role Hall's ever showed he can play - and he does it quite well - is a top-line scoring player. But now he's up against names like Crosby, Staal, Giroux, and Stamkos for that role. That's why he's getting cut.
Except he's not really up against any of those guys except Staal. Crosby, Giroux, Nash, Bergeron, Stamkos, Tavares, etc will all be playing centre of the right side.

According to most reports, guys like Couture and Kunitz are guys making the team on LW over Hall right now.

Since it seems like Staal-Toews-Nash will play a shutdown role with offense, I don't think they need more defense on LW or versatility.

Why not take speed and pure skill and let him prove them wrong?

I mean, he could start as the 14th forward, but the lack of depth on LW is pretty glaring, not to mention he outplayed 90% of the forwards at this camp last year offensively.

Hopefully he plays as well next year leading up to selection time and force them to pick him.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote