View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 06:52 AM
TheRightWay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
A lot of this stuff about Torts being fired is just conjecture. Full blown mutiny?--who the **** knows. I tend to doubt it. A couple--three, four actors seem more likely. AV is the coach now. Two years ago the Rangers overachieved big time and came within one point of winning the Presidents Trophy--losing to AV's team which pretty much was considered the class of the West. I think we have a coach with a very good track record--regular season anyway and that's a start.

Looking back if there was a signal that Torts was going to go it was when management stepped in and took Richards out of the lineup in the playoffs replacing him with Newbury Apparently Torts wanted to keep him on his 4th line which was getting shellacked by Boston's 4th line. Richards by the way would be doing us all a favor by going back and watching each and every one of his playoff games. Maybe he would groan the way the rest of us were because he sucked every game.

I agree with the bulk of your post, but I don't think the problem for Richards was that he was unaware of his shortcomings. In fact, he seems like the kind of guy who is going to dwell on his crappy performance 10 years from now.