View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 07:36 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weklof View Post
I agree, I think the Sedins will still be effective players at that age. Maybe not elite PPG players, but still good players.

They don't play an especially physical type of game, and their style of play is not dependent on physical ability (like speed) but rather on hockey IQ and technique, i.e. things that do no decline with age. They are also relativity healthy, I believe Henrik was the NHL Iron Man at some point? I think they can play in the NHL until they're 40.

I am more skeptical about Zetterberg, I think his body will be failing him by then. He has already had issues with his back and they will only worsen as he gets older.
Sedins looked awful for long stretches last season. They will never be PPG players again. Daniel, in particular has looked tentative.

As has been amply demonstrated, the Sedins can be eliminated by taking the body. Slowing makes them susceptible to this and the new scheduling policy ensures that every team gets to take a run at them. Vancouver's absurdist physical response assures this.