View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Stoneman89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Meh, I still see the same problems now that I did at the end of last season.

Soft bottom 6 with too many borderline NHLers/inexperienced players.
Awful center depth with no room for injury (as demonstrated with the Oilers likely starting the year with Gagner and Gordon as the top 2 centers).
Bad defensive core that does not have a true top pairing d-man and only has one legitimate puck mover in the group.

Not only has MacT failed to address the holes on the team, he wasn't even able to address what he preceived as issues.
A) He swung out on acquiring Clarkson (thank God) or a similar big top 6 forward. Instead he traded for another smaller skilled guy.
B) He swung out on acquiring a goaltender. Apparently he was in on Bernier and Schneider (thank God considering what the rumoured asking price was). Didn't land either.
C) Struck out on a deal for Coburn. He added Ference, but he at best is a #4 guy, and ideally wouldn't even be there.

What I see with MacT is a guy who talked a big game but wasn't actually able to accomplish really any of the things he set out to do to start the off-season. Sure I'm willing to give him more time. But he hasn't blown me away with anything. If anything, we're lucky that he didn't succeed in some of the things he shot for.

This ^^^

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote