Thread: Rumor: Gagner New Captain?
View Single Post
Old
08-28-2013, 09:02 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
That would be an awful decision if true but rewarding mediocrity is par for the course for this organization so i wouldn't be shocked.
Not that Gagner isn't a decent player and a high character guy but i would much prefer to see one of the best players on the team and a surefire core member get the C.

I doubt it's true anyway. MacT said that the decision is up to Eakins and since Eakins hasn't met most of his players, how the hell could he name a captain already?
At the very least, the arguing on this board would be entertaining if Gagner is indeed named captain.

Also, what are some of you going on about in regards to Hall not being a leader off the ice. Do you all know something that the rest of us don't know? Is this in reference to him (a kid) liking the bar scene? Oh the horror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post

Hall seems more like an on ice leader than off the ice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Gagner is probably a better leader off ice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
I am ok with this. I go out alot and i got to say ...i wouldnt make Hall captain of the team. The team has to look up to a persons decisions off the ice as well as on it. I dont want Hall being the rolemodel for prospects.

Last edited by CupofOil: 08-28-2013 at 09:55 AM.